- Image Types:
- Image Deployment:
Test sysroot management and update within Eclipse. It will go through configuring an existing sysroot in Eclipse, and then updating it from the web with the latest version.
- Ensure Rootfs is remounted as read/write.
- Install dependencies
- Restart the system to restore the filesystem state to read-only before running the test.
- There has to be a file available on the web with the name and URL of the latest available sysroot, to allow Eclipse to check if there is a newer version available. See the notes below.
- A sysroot image is installed in /opt/sysroot/apertis
$ sudo mount -o remount,rw /
$ sudo apt install eclipse-cdt eclipse-plugins-apertis-management
$ sudo reboot
- Start Eclipse
- Go to Window > Preferences
- Click on Apertis
- Fill in Address with https://images.apertis.org/sysroot/16.12/sysroot
- Uncheck Check SSL certificate errors
- Click on Apply
- Click on Update sysroot. The Update sysroot dialog should display the current version and the latest available version on the web
- Click on Ok. The dialog should close and the Progress view should display lower right corner of eclipse main window. (This might takes a while depends on bandwidth as the size of sysroot is around 600MB.)
- Click on OK
- Wait for the update job to complete
- Check the error log view for any problem
Sysroot has been updated to latest version configured in the web file. To verify, check /opt/sysroot/apertis/binary/etc/image_version for the sysroot version.
Error log view should be empty.
- Make sure that you have disconnect the ethernet connection to the target before you start the tethering process.
- The update process depends on a file available on the web that the plugin uses to get information on the latest available version. You should make this file available in a web server and point the 'Address to update' to it.
- The format of the file is simple. Here is an example:
- This file and the images to download can be in different servers
- The images to use are the ones called sysroot-AA.BB-apertis-development_XXXXXXXX.X.tar.gz
- For this test case be patient, it will take some time to download 600 Mbytes and install the sysroot.