- Image Types:
- basesdk-amd64 / hmi-armhf / hmi-amd64 / sdk-amd64
- Image Deployment:
- APT, OSTree
Test the firewall using nmap from another computer.
- The tester needs an external computer with the nmap command available.
- The external computer must be connected to the same network as the target.
- Clone the tests repository from another computer (Note that the branch being tested may change depending on the release, please make sure to clone the correct branch for the release in question):
- Copy the test directory apertis-tests to the target device:
- Log into the target device:
$ git clone --branch apertis/v2023dev3 https://gitlab.apertis.org/pkg/development/apertis-tests.git
$ scp -r apertis-tests user@$DUT_IP:
$ ssh user@$DUT_IP
- From the external computer where the apertis-tests repository was cloned, run the following script to check filtered/open/closed ports (the nmap command can take some time). Replace 'lava-target-ip' by the DUT_IP:
$ cd apertis-tests
$ iptables-nmap/run-iptables-nmap.py `lava-target-ip`
All ports are filtered, except port 80/tcp (http)/closed, 22/tcp (ssh)/open, and 1234/tcp (hotline)/close. The script should also report 'pass' at the end.
Not shown: 999 filtered ports
PORT STATE SERVICE
22/tcp open ssh
80/tcp closed http
1234/tcp closed hotline
- Make sure that you have disconnect the ethernet connection to the target before you start the tethering process.
- In order to test the SDK image, the VirtualBox VM must be configured with a network attached to Bridged adaptor. The test cannot be run if the network is configured as NAT.