- Image Types:
- basesdk-amd64 / sdk-amd64
- Image Deployment:
Install and run hello-world docker container.
- Ensure Rootfs is remounted as read/write.
- Install dependencies
- Restart the system to restore the filesystem state to read-only before running the test.
- Clone the tests repository from another computer (Note that the branch being tested may change depending on the release, please make sure to clone the correct branch for the release in question):
- Copy the test directory apertis-tests to the target device:
- Log into the target device:
$ sudo mount -o remount,rw /
$ sudo apt install bash
$ sudo reboot
$ git clone --branch apertis/v2022 https://gitlab.apertis.org/pkg/apertis-tests.git
$ scp -r apertis-tests user@$DUT_IP:
$ ssh user@$DUT_IP
- Enter test directory:
- Execute the following command:
$ cd apertis-tests
$ common/run-test-in-systemd --user=user --basename -- sdk/automated/test-docker.sh
If PASSED is displayed, the test have passed. The output should be similar to that:
Unable to find image 'hello-world:latest' locally
latest: Pulling from library/hello-world
b8dfde127a29: Pulling fs layer
b8dfde127a29: Verifying Checksum
b8dfde127a29: Download complete
b8dfde127a29: Pull complete
Status: Downloaded newer image for hello-world:latest
Hello from Docker!
This message shows that your installation appears to be working correctly.
To generate this message, Docker took the following steps:
1. The Docker client contacted the Docker daemon.
2. The Docker daemon pulled the "hello-world" image from the Docker Hub.
3. The Docker daemon created a new container from that image which runs the
executable that produces the output you are currently reading.
4. The Docker daemon streamed that output to the Docker client, which sent it
to your terminal.
To try something more ambitious, you can run an Ubuntu container with:
$ docker run -it ubuntu bash
Share images, automate workflows, and more with a free Docker ID:
For more examples and ideas, visit:
real 0m 3.90s
user 0m 0.00s
sys 0m 0.00s
test-docker: test succeeded