- Image Types:
- basesdk-amd64 / sdk-amd64 / target-armhf-internal / target-amd64
- Image Deployment:
Test ConnMan support for USB tethering (connection side).
- Another device supporting USB tethering.
- An USB cable.
- Ensure Rootfs is remounted as read/write.
- Install dependencies
- Restart the system to restore the filesystem state to read-only before running the test.
- Connect the remote device to an Internet connection.
$ sudo mount -o remount,rw /
$ sudo apt install apertis-tests python-dialog dialog
$ sudo reboot
- Enable USB tethering on the remote device.
- Connect the USB cable from the remote device to the system.
- Connect to the service:
The service will show as a Ethernet device, and its hash will reflect the mac address of the Ethernet device created.
If connections succeeds and you are able to navigate on the internet then it works.
- Make sure that you have disconnected the ethernet connection to the target before you start the tethering process.
- If you are tethering to an android (4.1) device you need to enable USB mass storage mode for the tethering option to become available.